How it all works...
A DMP is a plan to repay your unsecured debts at an affordable rate
You'll no longer have to deal with phone calls, letters and emails from your creditors
95% of customers have their interest and charges frozen*
Things to consider...
It could take longer to repay your debt
Your credit score will be affected
A DMP is not legally binding
How monthly payments were made more affordable for Debt Management Customers.
These figures are based on average unsecured personal debts of £13,432 across 9 lenders.
Based on average figures across all Debt Management Plans arranged by our debt solution provider in 2015. Circumstances and payments to the Debt Management Plan are based on what is realistic and affordable for each individual customer.
Complete your report
See which solutions are available to you.Get started
For more help and advice on getting debt free, visit the Money Advice Service, an independent service set up to help people manage their money.
What happens during a Debt Management Plan?
- Once you have your report, we'll pass you on to our chosen FCA regulated partner who can tell you whether a DMP is suitable for you.
- They'll explain your options and recommend a suitable solution.
They'll deal with lenders
- Their advisors will do all the paperwork, send it to your lenders and take over all contact with them.
- In 95% of cases creditors agree to freeze interest and charges while you're on a Debt Management Plan.*
Be in control
- Once the DMP has started you'll make a new lower monthly repayment.
- You'll have peace of mind knowing you're paying your debts back at an affordable rate.
- You'll have to budget when on a DMP.
DMPs are available subject to eligibility and acceptance, alternative solutions may be offered. Fees payable if continuing service are provided. Fees are explained here.
Why Debt Support UK?
- We work alongside our chosen company that is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Their advisors are UK based and fully trained to give debt advice.
- They'll listen to your worries and get a really good understanding of your situation before recommending the right solution.
* Based on all customers taking a DMP with our chosen debt solution partner as at 1st July 2016.